Spicy, Smoky, and delicious! Takes a little bit to prep, but well worth it! A sure fire hit for any get togeather or sporting event on TV! Try not to think of being healthy, but more so of eating something delicious!
- 2 Handfulls of Jalapeno’s (I say 2 handfulls because they always seem to vary in size at the grocery store and I never remember to weigh them out. Prolly about 1-2 dozen Jalapeno’s depending on size.)
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese(8oz)
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (I like to use something that stands out with flavor, I tend to use smoked Gouda)
- 4 Tbsp Kirkland Sweet Mesquite Seasoning®
- 2 Packages Uncooked Bacon (1Lb.)
- 1 Box Toothpicks
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2) Dice Jalapeno’s in half lenthwise, remove seeds, if you desire them to be spicy, put the seeds from 3 of the Jalapeno’s aside to place in the creme cheese filling. Set Asisde.
3) In a large mixing bowl combine Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Mesquite Dry rub, Garlic, and shredded cheese. Mix until smooth and creamy, I use a kiten mixer for this unless you want a good arm workout. If you desire the poppers to be spicy add the seeds from step 2. Set Aside.
4) Cut bacon in half so that the pieces are around 4-6inchs in length.
5) With a spoon, place cream cheese filling inside Jalapeno, wrap with 1 slice of the cut bacon, and skewer with a toothpic.
6) Place bacon wrapped Jalapeno’s on a cooking tray lined with foil to catch bacon greese. I like to place them on top of a baking tray to allow the greese to drop down onto the cooking tray.
7) Bake for 45 min. Bacon should be cooked throughly.
Prep. Time: 30 min., Cook time: 45 min., Serves Approx: 5