Grandma Eunice’s Borscht
Family Borscht Recipe
- 2 Bunches Beets (roughly 6 beets)
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Large Onion, grated
- 1 Pkg Onion Soup Mix
- 3/4 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Beef Bullion (Better than bullion)
- 1.5 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Red Jam (cherry or strawberry)
1. Wash Beet thoroughly.
2. Cut stems one inch above beets and boil beets 20 min. Cool beets and remove skins and grate cooked beets.
3. Select good leaves and stems and chop finely.
4. Place beets and tops with 4 qt. water in a stock pot.
5. Mix all other ingredients and pour over beets.
6. Boil 20-30 min. adjust for sweet and sour taste.