- 2 Eggs, Lightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Dry bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp milk (2%)
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 4 Tsp grated onion
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tsp grated lemon peel/zest
- 1 1/2 Lbs ground chicken/turkey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 Celery Ribs, chopped
- 2 Small onions, chopped
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Cartons (26 oz ea.) Chicken Stock
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Acini di pepe pasta
- 2 Pkg (10 oz ea.) fresh spinach
- Additional minced fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1″ balls.
- For soup, in a stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and onions; cook and stir 6-8 mins or until onions are tender.
- Stir in stock, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Drop meatballs into soup; cook, uncovered 10 minutes. Gently stir in pasta; cook 10-12 minutes longer or until meatballs are cook through and pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach. Top servings with parsley and cheese.