Evelyn’s Beef Empanadas
From Evelyn….amazingly addicting, you can eat a dozen and not even know it! Great for freezing ahead of time to toss in the fryer when needing a quick delicious snack/meal! Use Evelyn’s Sofrito recipe for the filling.
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Adobo to taste
- Sofrito to taste
- Cheese, shredded
- 30 Empanada Discs
1) Add a splash of olive oil to frying pan and brown your meat (drain once cooked, if needed).
2) Then add garlic salt, pepper, and adobo to taste.
3) Add about2 large tablespoons of the sofrito to the beef. Add more if you needed it. You must taste to know if you need more.
4) I usually add another 1-2 packets of the sazon to my beef as well.
5) Red pepper flakes, jalapenos, or habaneros are optional.