From Evelyn….you can use those softrio recipe for making empanadas, rice, beans, etc. No rules when using, just keep tasting until you get it right.
*It’s best to freeze in smaller portions so you can keep using over and over*
- 1 Green Bellpepper (seeds removed and diced small)
- 1 Red Bellpepper (seeds removed and diced small)
- 1 Yellow Onion (peeled and diced small)
- 3-4 Heads of Garlic (peeled and diced fine or pressed)
- 1 Bunch Cilantro (chop fine)
- 2 Small Cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 Packs Sazon Seasoning Con Culantro y Achiote
- ½ Tsp Oregano Pinch Turmeric
- ¼ Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In large frying pan add oil and set on medium high heat. When oil is warm add onions and garlic. Fry until they are a little transparent.
2. Next add all of the peppers and fry until softened. Reduce heat to medium low.
3) When can has cooled down a little a add both cans of tomato sauce, turmeric, oregano, sazon, and cumin. Stir together well and let simmer until thickened a little (10-15 minutes or so).
4) Then add cilantro and mix well. Simmer a few more minutes.
5) Remove from heat and let sit until cooled down for your to jar and use whenever you want.
*It should be thicker than a pasta sauce*