Creamy Tortellini Soup
Super easy to make and twice as easy to eat! Comfort food that warms your soul! The original recipe can be found here and comes with a option to use a instant pot!
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. Can diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Vegetable stock
- ½ Tsp dried Basil
- ½ Tsp dried Oregano
- ¼ Tsp dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp ground Black Pepper
- 10 oz (300 grams) fresh Tortellini (I used cheese-filled tortellini)
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach leaves
1. Heat oil in a pot, and add diced onion followed by the carrot. Cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a minute while stirring with a wooden spoon.
2. Add diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, and all the seasonings to the pot. Cover with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Open the lid, and add the fresh tortellini and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in the cream, and add the baby spinach leaves. Cover with the lid to let the spinach wilt. Once the spinach is wilted, serve warm with some Parmesan cheese.
**You can add Italian sausage (1/2Lb.) if you like. Just crumble it and saute it lightly after you cook the onion and garlic. Or you can use ground turkey meat or any other ground meat.