This spicy paste is a great addition to many things, it not only adds a kick of spice, but a nice flavor with cilantro, mint and garlic.
- 6 oz bird’s eye chilies, seeded and stems removed (you can leave seeds for extra spicy)
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dried mint
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- Place the chilies, garlic, ground coriander, cumin, salt mint and cilantro into a blender or food processor. If the mixture is too dry, add a bit of the olive oil. Store in a bowl or jar in the refrigerator with the remaining oil poured in a layer over the top.
- Make sure that the surface is covered with a layer of oil each time you use some. When you run out of Harissa you can use the oil to add flavor to fried or baked dishes.