Chocolate Chip Cookies
What can be said about chocolate chip cookies that hasn’t already been stated before… They are amazing! This recipe was given to me by my 2nd mom as I like to call her, she had gotten it from her mom. To say the least they taste amazing!
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 2 Cups butter, room temperature
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF
2. In a small bowl combine flour, salt, baking power, and baking soda.
3. In a large mixing bowl(Stand Mixer) combine brown sugar, white sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix together until well incorporated. Add in flour mixture 1 cup at a time while mixing on a low speed until fully mixed. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
4. Shape dough into balls the size of a walnut. (Ice cream scoop works great) Plan on a baking pan with 1.5-2 inchs of space around each ball.
5. Place tray in the middle rack of a oven and bake for 7-10 min based on your oven.
Notes: I say 7-10 min because not all ovens are the same, check cookies at 7 min and if they have started to turn golden brown, remove and let cool. If not check again in 1-1.5 mins and remove when golden brown.