Chicken Tortilla Soup
Little spice and everything nice! Love this soup year around!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cup diced White/Yellow Onion
- 1 Bunch Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 6 Roma Tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Tomato juice
- 4 Cups shredded Chicken
- 2 Limes, juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Heat the oil in a large pot, add the onions, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, crushed garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook on low heat for 10 min.
2) Add the diced tomatoes and cook for another 10 min.
3) Add Chicken Stock, tomato juice and shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 min.
4) Add the lime juice and remove from heat. Serve with garnishes – grated Monterrey cheese, tortilla stripes (fried), avocado, cilantro and lime slices.