Creamy Chicken and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Just cooking this in my house brings all the noses to the kitchen to find out what this savory goodness is!
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried tomatoes
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2/3 Cup White Wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Basil or Thyme, for topping (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste (I season the chicken before browning it)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, white wine, chicken broth, half and half or heavy cream, and ⅔ cup parmesan cheese to pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and continue to stir periodically until thickened and creamy (5-7 minutes).
- Return chicken to pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Top with cracked black pepper, grated parmesan cheese, fresh thyme or basil, and serve.