Great when making in conjunction with the meatballs.
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 Tsp dried Oregano
- 6-8 Leave Fresh Basil
1) In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
2) Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar, oregano, and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 90 minutes.
3) Stir in tomato paste, basil, and meatballs (if desired). Simmer for 30 minutes more.