I had seen a video recipe on reddit, and I couldnt find it again when I wanted to make this, so I experimented. I have made this about 5 times now, this one tastes the best in my opinion. While it was my first time making a gelatin based cheesecake, I was really happy with the flavor and texture. Very hard to eat only one slice!
- 1 Packet of Gelatine (I used “Knox Original” )
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Boiling Kahlua Coffee & Rum Liquor (for cheesecake)
- 2 8oz. Packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust 6 Oz (I used a chocolate oreo )
- 3 Oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (for ganache topping)
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream (for ganache topping)
- 1 Tsp Kahlua (for ganache topping)
- Chocolate Shavings for garnish (optional)
- Combine sugar, and gelatin in a medium bowl, mix to combine. Add boiling Kahlua; stir for 5 min. or until gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese and vanilla in a large bowl with a hand mixer until blended. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture.
- Once fully combined, pour mixture into prepared crust, let stand while making chocolate ganache topping.
- Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan until a gentle boil has started. Add chocolate chips and rum. Stir until all chocolate has melted.
- Pour chocolate ganache over cheese cake and then place in fridge to chill for 1 hour.
Optional: Add shaved chocolate to top of cheesecake and liberally or generously as you desire right before serving.