Baked Ziti – Instant Pot
Thank you Raygan for the recipe! So good, easy and fast!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 1/4 lb. Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium Yellow onion (diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 25 oz Jar Marinara Sauce
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb Dried Ziti Pasta
- 8 oz fresh Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Brown meat in pressure cooker breaking it apart with a spoon, drain grease as needed.
2. Add Oilive oil, onion and garlic, saute until tender. (about 3 min)
3. Stir in diced tomatoes, marinara, basil, oregano, bay leaves, water, salt, pepper and pasta. Stir well to evenly combine ensuring all pasta is fully submerged in liquid, this ensures pasta is fully cooked.
4. Add lid, lock in place, place valve into sealing mode, and select beans/chili function and pressure cook for 5 min.
5. When finished pressure cooking do a quick release, taste for any seasonings (salt/pepper) and stir in cheese and serve immediatly.