Spinach and Herb Lasagna rolls
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Cup Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, Chopped
- 8 Cups baby spinach
- 14 Oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmasean
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Cups Marinara Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Cook lasagna noodles until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Reserve.
2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 2 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and spinach and saute for 2 minutes longer, until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and coarsely chop.
3. To make filling, combine spinach mixture with ricotta, eggs, parsley, basil, 1/2 cup mozzarella and Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Lay lasagna noodles on the counter and spread each with about 1/3 cup filling. Roll up and place seam-side down in dish. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.