Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta
Food wishes delivers again for us, we love this recipe even though it takes some time. Its great and makes enough for 2 days easily. Chef John has helped my wife and I learn to cook a wide variety of things we would never have thought of trying before.
- 1 lb. Spicy Italian sausage
- 1 Tbsp freshly minced parsley, optional
- ½ Cup dry white wine
- 3½ Cups (1 jar) marinara sauce
- 1 Cup water (rinse the jar)
- ¼ Cup cream
- 14.5 Oz dry penne pasta
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat until browned, about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in parsley and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in white wine and cook until the wine has nearly evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in heavy cream, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in marinara sauce and water and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 1 hour.
5. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne, and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
6. Combine pasta and sauce; remove from heat, cover and let sit for about 2 minutes.
7. Serve pasta and sauce topped with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.