Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli
One of our first meals made with the instant pot, absolutely love this recipe, fast and delicious!
- 1½ lbs. boneless beef chuck roast, well trimmed and sliced into thin strips
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 Cup beef broth, low sodium
- ½ Cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/8 Tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish, optional
1. Season beef with pepper. Put olive oil in the cooking pot and select browning or saute. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned – do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
2. When all meat is browned select Saute and add chopped onion to the pot. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes until onion starts to soften. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more.
3. Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes to the pot. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
5. Place broccoli in microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Microwave 3 – 4 minutes until broccoli is tender.
6. When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
7. In a cup combine cornstarch and water; stir until smooth. Add to pressure cooker pot. Stir well to combine. Select browning or saute and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Add steamed broccoli.
8. Serve over hot, cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds.