Nothing Special, but when making homemade pizza this is the go to dough.
- 2 1/4 Tsp Active Dry Yeast (1 Packet)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Warm water (105ºF – 115ºF)
- 3 Cups bread flour (can use bleached or all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil for dough and a little more in the bowl for rising
- Preheat oven to 500ºF and place pizza stone in to preheat as well.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture gets foamy, if after 10min no foam appears toss in trash and try a new packet of active dry yeast.
- Place the flour, salt and olive oil in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse about 5 times to mix; scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the motor running, slowly pour the liquid yeast mixture through the feed tube. Process until a dough ball forms. Continue to let the machine run for an additional minute to knead.
- Lightly coat the inside of a large bowl with olive oil. Add dough, turn to coat in oil and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, draft free place for ~1 hr or until dough has doubled in size.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and gently fold over to deflate the dough.
- Form into desired crust size(s).
- Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes with desired toppings.