Pesto Chicken Florentine
Found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com and love it! It is fast and easy to make. Extremely rich combination of chicken, spinach and creamy pesto sauce. Serve with crunchy bread and romaine salad–it’s the best!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 Lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs – cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 4.5 oz package dry Alfredo sauce mix(McCormick Mix)
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- 1 8 oz package dry penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Regiano Cheese
1) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute; then add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. When chicken is close to being cooked through (no longer pink inside), add spinach and saute all together for 3 to 4 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions. When finished, stir in 2 tablespoons pesto; set aside.
3) In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
4) Add chicken/spinach mixture to pasta, then stir in pesto/Alfredo sauce. Mix well, top with cheese and serve.