“Bill’s Sausage Gravy”
Never met bill, but I found his Sausage gravy recipe on Allrecipes.com and I haven’t looked back since! Hearty and filling! Serve with some fluffy buttermilk biscuits for breakfast and don’t look back!
- 1 (12 oz) Pkg Maple Flavored Sausage
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk (No cheating! This isn’t health food!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. 2) Remove sausage with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings in the pan. Stir in the butter until melted.
3) Add flour, and stir until smooth. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until light brown. 4) Gradually whisk in milk, and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in cooked sausage. Reduce heat, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
Notes: If gravy becomes too thick, stir in a little more milk.