A classic comfort food that just hits the spot every time! Original Recipe found here and tweaked to my liking.
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef, 85% or 90% lean
- 1 Med Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Paprika
- —- Roughly 1/2 Cup Ketchup for topping to be baked on as a sauce
- Prep a 9”x5” loaf pan and preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. Mix well to combine.
- Add meat to the loaf pan, gently press meat down and shape evenly and bake meatloaf at 375˚F for 40 minutes.
- Spread Ketchup over meatloaf then return to oven and bake additional 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160˚F. Rest meatloaf 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with baking juices from the pan.
Pingback: Meatloaf — Drell Family Cookbook | My Meals are on Wheels