Another idiot proof easy to make chicken recipe that is great when I don’t want to think about making something complicated. Originally found here at America’s Test Kitchen youtube channel.
- 1 Whole Chicken 3-4 Lb
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Start by spatchcocking/butterflying the chicken. Preheat the oven to 500ºF with a cast iron or stainless steel pan inside the oven (roughly 30min).
2. Coat the skin side with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Remove preheated pan from oven and change oven temperature down to 450ºF.
3. Place chicken skin side down in pan and place pan back in oven for 30 min. While it is cooking mix 1 Tbsp olive oil, rosemary and garlic together.
4. After 30 min remove chicken from oven and flip chicken so that the skin side is now up, coat the skin side with the rosemary/garlic/olive oil mixture. Place back in oven and continue cooking for 10 min or until the chicken hits 165ºF internal temp. in the breast meat.
5. Let rest for 10-15 min., Enjoy!