Mississippi Pot Roast (Instant Pot)
I had wanted to try this recipe for the longest time, and when I did I regretted not making it sooner! After looking at a lot of different versions of the recipe I found one and tweaked it to my liking.
- 3-5lbs Chuck Roast
- 3 Tbsp Veg Oil
- 1 Small White Onion
- 9 Pepperoncini Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Pepperoncini Juice (from jar)
- 3/4 Cup Beef Broth (Low Sodium)
- 1 Packet Dry Ranch Seasoning
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Stick of Butter
1. Cube meat into 1-2 inch cubes. Add vegetable oil to pan and brown meat. (approx 5 min per side).
2. Dice onion, when meat is finished being browned remove meat from pan, and add onion, stirring to deglaze the pan.
3. Add liquids. (Beef Broth and Pepperoncini juice)
4. Add dry ingredients. (Ranch Seasoning and Onion Soup Mix)
5. Add meat to instant pot, and add remaining ingredients. (Butter and pepperoncini peppers)
6. Pressure Cook on manual high for 1hr, then do Normal Pressure Release. (If cooking in a crock pot, cook for 8-10 hrs on low.
7. Serve on mashed potatoes or rice. I like to remove the meat and set aside, then I add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of flour to drippings and make a gravy, then add the meat back to it before serving.